CPS Energy Attic Insulation Overview
*Information provided by CPS Energy. Please reference their website for updates. Call us for insulation removal and installation estimate.
Attic Insulation Rebate Guidelines
The following measures must be met to ensure a rebate is granted for attic insulation:
- Rebate of $0.25 per square foot of treated attic floor area.
- Attic insulation must be installed between conditioned (air conditioned living area below ceiling) and unconditioned areas (attic) to qualify.
- If there is more than 24 inches of attic clearance before the new insulation is installed, the final insulation must be at least R-38.
- Existing attic insulation must be no greater than R-14.
- If there is less than 24 inches of attic clearance before the new insulation is installed, the final insulation level must be at least R-19.
- Existing attic insulation for low ceilings must be no greater than R-11.
- The current insulation level of each home will be determined and documented by the installer. Degradation due to age and density of the existing insulation should be taken into account.
- All insulation must be new materials and have R-value stated on the packaging material. Garages and other non-living areas do not qualify.
- Attach an itemized and dated invoice from the contractor or retailer (include insulation manufacturer, type and square feet) along with your application form.
- The final insulation level of each home will be determined and documented by the insulation installer. Square footage measurements will be verified against Bexar County property tax records, or inspected by a CPS Energy inspector.
- Funding for this program is limited to funds availability.
- The measure must be installed in a home served by CPS Energy between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
- The completed application form, together with the itemized receipt detailing the work completed, must be received by December 31, 2014 to be eligible.
- Applications must be received within 30 days of completion of projects.